The landscape has changed rapidly over the last five years; the explosion of tablets, mobiles and IoT is causing IT departments major headaches and security challenges due to increased lack of visibility, control and protection for these devices. Understanding the different types of devices, their security posture, and having visibility across an organisation's IT infrastructure plays a large part in helping to reduce risk.
CDW's approach to enhancing security around devices includes the following:
- Identification of what devices are connecting/connected to an infrastructure
- Security risk of connected/connecting devices
- Understanding of the type of permissions required for access to applications and data
- Endpoint security review for corporate owned devices (laptops, tablets, mobiles)
- Secure access/remote access high level review