ACCELERATE SERVICE DELIVERY
As IT teams are asked to deliver more services more quickly and with less resource, the setup and operation of IT infrastructure can become a major bottleneck. Manually configuring resources for every request and managing workloads individually takes significant time, even in small environments, reducing the availability of the IT team to deliver new services and provide support.
Repeating the same action over and over again can be time-consuming and tedious. Infrastructure automation solutions from CDW take away the pain of infrastructure provisioning and management.
ENABLE YOUR TEAMS
Meeting this challenge needn't be challenging. CDW can show you how to use the tools you probably already have to template virtual machine (VM) provisioning, simplify patch management and monitor more effectively.
As you gain experience and confidence, we can show you how to provide automated services to others in the organisation so that they can build on top of them, reducing deployment times and improving service delivery.
Orchestration of systems follows from there with the ability to use configuration management tools and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines to deliver infrastructure as code. This also opens up the potential to integrate with other systems and tools, such as ServiceNow, creating an IT-as-a-service catalogue that spans the full hybrid infrastructure.
BENEFITS OF INFRASTRUCTURE AUTOMATION
By implementing infrastructure automation solutions in your data centres, tools such as data centre services optimisation, server automation and network automation each provide a number of distinct benefits.
- Improve energy efficiency, optimise cooling systems, and consolidate hardware to significantly lower your operational and maintenance.
- Fine-tune server configurations, optimise network connectivity, and implement high-performance storage systems to deliver faster and more reliable services, which improve application performance, reduce latency, and enhance user experiences.
- Adopt virtualisation and cloud computing technologies to easily scale your infrastructure up or down as required, ensuring the flexibility to meet evolving demands.
- Implement robust access controls, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and data encryption to enhance your data centre security and mitigate the risk of data loss and maintain business continuity.
- Streamline routine operations, reduce administrative overheads, and enhance IT staff productivity.
- Implement data protection measures, backup and recovery systems, and disaster recovery plans, to ensure your data integrity and minimise the impact of potential disruptions or data breaches.
- Maximise server resources, leading to improved performance and efficiency.
- Consolidate workloads, reduce the number of physical servers required to lower maintenance and operational costs.
- Scalability ensures server resources can be dynamically adjusted to match changing business requirements, allowing for flexibility and growth without disruptions.
- Enforce security policies and configurations consistently across servers, ensuring a more secure environment.
- Simplified routine management activities, reduces the risk of errors, and improves overall IT operational efficiency.
- By analysing server workloads, identifying underutilized or overburdened servers, and optimising resource allocation, you can achieve better resource utilisation.
- Standardise configurations, automate processes, and implement centralised management tools to streamline your server administration tasks. This simplifies routine management activities, reduces the risk of errors, and improves overall IT operational efficiency.
- Cost reductions resulting from time-consuming manual compliance and configuration tasks.
- The ability to easily pass audits and meet compliance requirements through proactive policy enforcement, along with audit and compliance reports.
- Improvements in network security stemming from an increased ability to recognise and fix security vulnerabilities before they affect the network.
- Better network stability and increased uptime due to the prevention of network inconsistencies and misconfigurations.
Software-Defined Data Centre
Speak to an Expert
Complete the form and one of our experts will be in touch to discuss how CDW can help to simplify the provisioning and management of your infrastructure.