Software Asset Management
We provide a range of software services, such as software asset management (SAM), renewals management, software licensing and customer success consultancy. You can enjoy the benefits of full software lifecycle management from one supplier.
Our dedicated software management portals, deep levels of licensing expertise, and industry-leading vendor accreditations, uniquely position us to provide total management for your software estate.
Our SAM solutions help you to balance software management pressures to provide cost savings and performance improvements.
- Spend on SaaS applications such as Office365 and Adobe CC is continually optimised to prevent financial waste
- Compliance management services ensure that you can proactively mitigate risks associated with software licensing noncompliance
- Our software consultants analyse software usage across your organisation and software contracts to understand overlapping software assets or functionality. We can then provide guidance on streamlining software portfolios to drive cost savings and efficiencies.
- We provide independent consultancy on SAM technology solutions, so you can assess all viable options and identify a best-fit IT solution for your requirements.
The changing nature of software functionality, licensing metrics and product use rights means up-to-date industry knowledge is critical to software management. CDW’s SAM team ensures that our customers are supported by consultants with the highest levels of accreditation in the industry.
- CDW holds top tier accreditations across all major licensing partners
- We provide regular training and insights, not just to our team, but also to our customers through webinars and related SAM content
Our core SAM services are designed to help you quickly gain a view of your IT estate and software usage. This enables you to accurately drive spend and deployment optimisation programmes across your organisation
Software asset management is a challenging discipline that demands specialist expertise, carefully designed processes and reliable technology. Our SAM experience and understanding is why so many of our customers embed our SAM solutions into their everyday activities.
SOFTWARE RENEWALS MANAGEMENT
At an enterprise level this becomes an extensive and complex issue. With renewal dates occurring at different intervals and over varying timescales, it’s not surprising that many organisations fail to proactively manage and optimise their software renewals portfolio and contract spend.
Renewals Made Easy
When you invest in software to make your business more productive, the last thing you want is to incur unnecessary costs or to hinder the workforce. We can provide a dedicated approach to renewals, delivering proactive support and reminders throughout the software renewals cycle.
Managing your full portfolio of software renewals and remaining updated when changes occur in software usage and contract terms is time-consuming. Choose CDW and we can give you total visibility of your entire software estate, providing the reassurance needed when working with such important assets. We also proactively track your software renewals, delivering reminders at 90-, 60- and 30-day intervals.
Value From Your Assets
We'll help you achieve your business objectives whilst optimising your software spend and deployments.
By consolidating software contract renewal dates you can reduce the total cost of software contracts, as well as reduce renewals management complexities.
Our team will also look to make proactive recommendations on the products being renewed within the software contract to help ensure that what is being renewed is relevant, valuable to the business and that the functionality being delivered by the software is not already being delivered by a different application. CDW offers a flexible approach to software renewals management, ensuring you can gain full control of your software portfolio.
CDW has a team of dedicated software consultants who hold top tier accreditations across all of the major licensing vendors. This, along with our range of IT support services, enables us to look after your organisation's software needs throughout the entire software lifecycle.
Software applications and associated licensing are vital components of your IT estate and have significant cost implications. Managing the decision-making process around what to buy, when to buy and how to buy it is difficult without qualified expertise.
Licensing programmes change, as do user requirements, and keeping on top of the full spectrum of your software estate can be time-consuming. Ensuring that you’ve obtained the right software assets and in the most cost-effective way is harder still.
WHY CDW FOR SOFTWARE LICENSING?
Our licensing solutions ensure that your organisation has the software it needs, and that every asset adds value to the business.
Effective management of your software portfolio relies on expertise and constantly updated knowledge. CDW's team of highly experienced, vendor-accredited consultants can support your decisions regarding software requirements, ensuring you buy or subscribe to only what you need at the best available price, and that you utilise the full potential of your investment.
Software assets are there to enhance your business – they should work for you, not the other way round. We can help keep your software procurement and management proportionate to the value it brings to your organisation.
- CDW continually invests in training and our vendor relationships, ensuring we have the most up-to-date solutions knowledge in the industry
- We can assess your software agreements and contracts, looking for opportunities to optimise them to ensure you gain full value
- We provide a range of supportive software services, such as software asset management (SAM), renewals management and customer success consultancy. This ensures that you can enjoy the benefits of full software lifecycle management from one supplier.
CDW provides a full range of end-to-end services to support our customers' software requirements. These services let you assess appropriate software options, both functionally and financially. You can also procure under appropriate software agreements, deploy and migrate to new technology, manage the software renewals cycle and tap into our independent SAM services consultancy to drive continual cost savings and mitigate financial risk.
- Through presales consultancy, we ensure that all available software agreements have been explored and cost-modelled over a number of years. This helps you make informed decisions that align to your business strategy about the most appropriate agreements under which to procure software.
- Our Cloud Services team provides end-to-end deployment and migration services, from pre-sales consultancy workshops and design through to the actual technical deployment.
- We can help manage your software renewals portfolio, ensuring that you don't miss important renewals.
- Our SAM team provides comprehensive lifecycle management for software licensing estates via services and solutions designed to complement your technical environments, organisational requirements and budget.
- CDW's Baseline Service gives you a validated position of software licence compliance for any software vendor. This helps build a complete picture of which of your software assets are being used, what isn't being used and, importantly, how this reconciles against licences that you've actually bought or subscribed to.
- Utilising the data obtained during the Baseline Service, our Optimisation Service builds a strategy and framework for corrective actions to lower cost and mitigate risk in software portfolios.
Forensic Capability Network
"The level of professionalism from the account management and technical team at CDW was exceptional, and all the technical issues and documentation required were fully satisfied."
Paul GreavesSenior Commercial Manager
Remove the Headache
At CDW, we don't just reduce the risk of failing to comply with software licensing contract terms. We remove software management headaches from our customers, save them from the cost of over-licensing and help them plan for future migrations. Get in touch to see what we could do for your organisation.