CDW UK has a vacancy for an experienced Bid Manager to join the team.
- Have strong leadership and diplomatic qualities?
- Have patience, tolerance and resilience?
- Have excellent time management skills?
If so, we would love to hear from you. When applying please quote reference A9146. Your application needs to be with the Recruitment team by 10th March 2021.
CDW’s bid management team facilitates the proposal development process from qualification to contract award. They oversee the creation of presales documentation and presentations for prospects and trading customers, both in proactive and responsive scenarios.
Bid managers produce the tendering plan and establish the virtual bidding team, which typically includes representation from CDW’s sales, business development management, solutions and project management departments. They work closely with account managers to produce cost models and
track completion of written assignments. They also organise appropriate document approvals and bid submission.
Essentially, bid managers oversee the proposal development process to produce high-quality, compliant bids on time and in an organised fashion.
- Degree level education in relevant discipline (preferably English)
- APMP Foundation certification essential
- APMP Practitioner, PRINCE2 Foundation and/or ITIL v3 Foundation certifications desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
Skills and Experience
- A demonstrable track record within a bidding environment and good understanding of best practice bidding methodologies
- Skilled at building strong relationships with sales teams and internal resources to respond effectively to business opportunities
- Experience within the technology sector, especially within supply chain or technical bidding
- Advanced skills in Office 365 applications, including SharePoint Online, essential
- Skills in InDesign, Power BI and Qorus Document Builder desirable
- Good understanding of technology and IT services concepts
- Good understanding of public sector frameworks and consortia purchasing mechanisms
- Ability to direct, manage, lead and motivate bid teams
- Ability to manage complex daily activity comprising multiple work streams and team members
Please note, your application will be retained for a period of six months. After this period it will be removed from our systems.